CBMC roots go back to 1930 in Chicago when a small group of business leaders began to meet weekly for a time of prayer and support for each other in the wake of the 1929 stock market crash.
CBMC Northland (Minnesota, North Dakota and western Wisconsin) groups started meeting in 1939.
Today CBMC Northland is focused on workplace ministry in the following areas:
- CBMC YP’s - Young professionals getting together to build relationships with other young professionals in YP Gatherings and YP Acceleration Teams to help accelerate the process of becoming Christ centered business leaders worth following.
- Discipleship - One to one discipleship using the 3 book series, Operation Timothy
- CBMC Business Forums - Groups of 8-12 professionals meeting 4 hours monthly focused on providing Godly wise counsel and accountability to each other in personal, family and business issues
- Connect 3 Teams - Groups of 6-10 meeting once a week to pray, encourage and equip each other to be disciple makers in the workplace
- Events - Annual events such as Leadercast and Mayor's prayer breakfast. Monthly professional luncheons and workshops such as Leadership Coach Training and Building Spiritual Reproducers